June ‘21 Newsletter
Recently, I’ve been listening to lectures on sound healing, which I find fascinating. Sound healing is sort of like listening to music, but not ordinary music. It often includes binaural beats, and has different frequencies, depending on what you want to achieve by listening.
Sound healing can be used to improve sleep, to reduce pain, such as from arthritis, and even to heal illnesses such as cancer and Parkinson’s. It is based on the idea that the body consists of energy, and when there is pain or disease, the energy frequencies are out of kilter; so by listening to sound of the right frequency, you can “entrain” your body and get the energy back into the right frequency, which can heal you. There are many free sound healing audios and videos on YouTube, so if you want to try it out, just do a search for sound healing and the issue you want to ameliorate. I hope it helps you.
One of the sound healing lectures I listened to was called The Science of Compassion. The lecturer, James Doty, told a powerful story of how he grew up in a home with an abusive father and mentally ill mother. One day, he rode his bike to get away from home and happened to meet a woman who changed his life. She taught him to have compassion for his parents, rather than hate them, and to believe in himself.
He was able to put himself through college and medical school, and was invited to give the commencement speech at his medical school. His speech consisted of a series of values, starting with the letters from C to L: C was for compassion; D was for dignity; E was for empathy; F was for forgiveness; G was for gratitude; H was for humility; I was for integrity; J was for justice or fairness; K was for kindness and L was for love. If the medical school graduates could live their lives with these values, they would be successful. I pass this on to you in hopes that it will help you be more successful as well.
1. Get Started On Your Book
On June 17, at 4 pm ET/3 pm CT/2 pm MT/1 pm PT, I will be providing a 1 hour webinar entitled Get Started On Your Book. There’s no cost. You’ll learn such valuable strategies as:
- How to determine a profitable topic for your book
- A system for carving out the time to write your book
- 4 ways to quickly write a book even if you aren’t a good writer, or hate writing
- The pro’s and cons of the three most popular publishing options
- The 8 steps you need to take after your manuscript is completed
For more information and to sign up, click here. The recording will be made available to those who sign up. Limited space available.
2. Fastrack Your Book: Write Your Book in Six Weeks!
I will be running the Fastrack Your Book program again to help business owners and professionals get their book written in just six weeks. It will start in early July. If you are serious about getting your book done and would like more information, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’ll be happy to share information about the program with you.
3. The SkillBites Show
Each month, we bring you an expert to help you get your book done, leverage your book, grow your business or improve your life. The shows are recorded, so if you can’t listen to one live, you can listen to the recording by clicking here.
On our next SkillBites Show our guest will be Elaine Starling. A former marketing pro, Elaine Starling transformed her life after a conversation with The Divine during a stroke. Elaine received a complete download from The Divine about why we’re here, how it all works, what we’re supposed to do while we’re here, how we can live our optimal life, and what happens next after this life.
Elaine created The Abundance Journey to share the guidance she received from The Divine, how she applies it, and how her life has changed. Combining Divine guidance with over 25 years of successful business experience, The Abundance Journey has the practical answers that entrepreneurs interested in spiritual personal growth are looking for.
Last month, my guest was Carla Cherry. Carla empowers entrepreneurs with strategic sales strategies to find & serve their clients with optimal impact. She shared a number of pointers to help people improve their sales calls, and extended a generous offer to the SkillBites community to provide a 45 minute strategy call to strengthen your power offer. To take advantage of this offer, email Carla at email@example.com.
SAVE THE DATE: Next month, my guest will be Jacqueline Grant, Founder & Director of The Management Academy, LLC. Jacqueline is also the creator of the LinkedIn Client Formula™ and will be sharing her expertise on how to develop a pipeline of leads with LinkedIn in just 10 – 15 minutes a day.
Do you have expertise that you believe would benefit the SkillBites community of entrepreneurs and authors? If you would like to be the guest on the monthly SkillBites Show, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-783-4519.
4. Expand Your Reach with Joint Ventures
I’d like to invite you to join me at a special live (virtual) event where you’ll discover the art and science of joint ventures. This is a strategy that can work for you even if you don’t have a big list, a hot product, or currently know any of the big names in your niche.
If you’d like to get a ton of people to see your stuff, lots of new leads, and a bunch of partners willing to promote your offerings, all with no upfront expense, then this event, called JVology LIVE, will be for you.
If the dates for this event don’t work for you, but you are interested in exploring the world of joint ventures, let me know. I’ll send you the information on other events.
5. Tip of the Month: Three More Ideas for Leveraging Your Book
Over the last two months, I shared 6 ideas for leveraging your book:
- Send free copies to your prospects, customer, colleagues, joint venture partners and others whose network or target market could benefit from the information you share in your book. The more people who know about your book and your expertise, the more sales you will generate.
- Do a free book campaign to get your book out to more people.
- Give away a chapter of your book as an opt-in on your website. Not only will you be promoting the fact that you are a published author, you’ll be able to generate new leads from your book, as people who want the free chapter will provide you with their names and email addresses.
- Offer a group coaching program so people who read your book have a support system for implementing the ideas you include in your book. Your group coaching program could sell for $497 or higher; so if you get 8 people in it at $497, you would make $4000.
- Use your book to help you get paid speaking engagements. When you speak in front of your target market, you are likely to gain new customers. You can also sell your book after you speak, or, better yet, get a sponsor to buy copies of your book for everyone who attends your presentation. If you earn $1500 from speaking, plus sell 100 copies of your book (at $1 over your cost) for another $500, plus get just 2 new customers at $2500 each, that’s $7000!
- Offer a certification program so people can become certified in the system you explain in your book. You can sell a certification program for thousands of dollars, so if you price it at, say, $2500 and get 5 people in the first program, you will earn $12,500! Of course, you can continue to offer the program, and each certified person could sell your book to their clients, earning you even more money.
Here are three more ways to leverage your book:
- Offer your book for free, and charge a nominal amount such as $7 to cover shipping and handling. Include other freebies, so the value the recipient is getting is far greater than the $7. For example, you could include videos, audios, training materials, worksheets, etc. When you get the reader’s contact information, you can then nurture them into your high ticket item programs, such as your group coaching or MasterMind programs.
- Create a course based on your book and sell it online. Put a sales page for the course in your book, explaining how you go into more depth in the course to help the reader implement what they learned in the book. You can include a private Facebook group, or email coaching or office hours to answer questions that might come up.
- Offer a webinar for $47 that allows your book reader to ask questions and get to see you, the author, in action. That webinar can have an upsell into a more expensive offer, such as a group coaching program or your online course.
What ways have you leveraged your book, or seen others leverage their books? Send me those strategies so I can share them with the SkillBites community.
6. Earn Commissions For Referrals
Do you know anyone who has been wanting to write a book but has been stalling? Let them know that SkillBites offers a variety of services to make book writing and publishing easy, quick and convenient. When you sign up to be a SkillBites affiliate, you can get a commission for each person who signs up to purchase SkillBites services through your unique referral link. To obtain more information and to sign up for our referral program, click here.
Thanks for supporting SkillBites. If there is anything you think we ought to be doing better or anything we should be doing that we’re not, please let us know. We value your input.