July ‘21 Newsletter
For about a month, my husband was suffering from leg cramps at night. Two, sometimes three times per night, he would wake up from a deep sleep in intense pain from a leg cramp. He tried various pills, homeopathic remedies, herbal remedies, stretching exercises and other techniques, but nothing seemed to work.
Then we borrowed an electric mat for 3 days from a friend who thought it might help. The mat is connected to a device that allows you to choose the medical condition that you want to remedy. On the first night he tried it, my husband had only 1 leg cramp, which allowed him to sleep much better than he had for weeks. On the second and third nights, he had no leg cramps at all, and in fact had no cramps for the two nights after we returned the mat. After that, though, the cramps came back.
Our friend lent us the mat again, and once again the cramps went away. While we had it, we let someone else try it who was suffering from leg cramps, and she also found that her cramps miraculously disappeared after a few 12 minute sessions on the mat.
I don’t fully understand how it works, but here’s my rough understanding: Every area of the body has its own frequency, and when an area is in pain, the frequency is not at the right level. The device sends frequencies into the mat that are then absorbed by your body. When you choose the medical condition you want to fix, the device sends the right frequency to the area in question to get it back on track, which causes the pain to go away.
The device has over 240 different medical conditions that you can choose from – arthritis, diabetes, Parkinsons, mental illness, Alzheimer’s and a whole lot more. If you’d like more information on this amazing technology, click here.
1. Upcoming Event
From August 9 – 29, I will be running a giveaway geared to helping business owners and professionals monetize their book and grow their business. You’ll have access to great resources to guide you in how to implement the various techniques I’ve been sharing in this newsletter the last few months as well as others. Look for more information on this in early August.
2. Fastrack Your Book: Write Your Book in Six Weeks!
I will be running the Fastrack Your Book program again to help business owners and professionals get their book written in just six weeks. Here is what some of the participants in the program have said about it:
I am in awe of how much I was able to accomplish as a result of Judy’s course. I couldn’t have done this without her expert guidance. She provided me with a framework to vet my idea, do the research, create my outline and start writing. I of course still had to put in all the work that comes along with writing a book, but I was positioned for success and given the accountability that I needed to get it done. I never thought I would get this far! The group format was extremely beneficial as well. We were able to work together and learn from each other.
— Jane Meserole
I’ve failed at writing a book four times so far. Not this time. Working with Judy and her Fastrack Program is just the magic combination I need of structure, accountability, and creativity. Judy knows the path and teaches it well. More, she knows where the rabbit holes and side trails are and can help you avoid them. The result of working with her was (at least for me) clearer purpose, tighter outline, better understanding of the process, and a faster finish.
— Mike Wittenstein
I’ve always thought that one day I would write a book but never gave it serious thought. That is, until I met Judy. I agreed to a one on one conversation and the insightful questions she asked started a very productive and enlightening conversation. I started to believe in myself and my topic(s) and that she had a clear path to success that would make the journey much easier. I participated in the weekly meetings and the writing weekend and am now farther than I ever thought possible. The clear direction and purpose that she’s helped me create are motivating me to commit to completing the book in an ongoing plan. I highly recommend Judy, Skill Bites and her Fast Track Your Book program.
— Claire Brown Kohler
If you are serious about getting your book done and would like more information, contact me at email@example.com. I’ll be happy to share information about the program with you.
3. The SkillBites Show
Each month, we bring you an expert to help you get your book done, leverage your book, grow your business or improve your life. The shows are recorded, so if you can’t listen to one live, you can listen to the recording by clicking here.
On our next SkillBites Show our guest will be Jacqueline Grant, Founder & Director of The Management Academy, LLC. Jacqueline is also the creator of the LinkedIn Client Formula™ and will be sharing her expertise on how to develop a pipeline of leads with LinkedIn in just 10 – 15 minutes a day.
Last month, my guest was Elaine Starling. A former marketing pro, Elaine Starling transformed her life after a conversation with The Divine during a stroke. In this episode, Elaine shared several of the lessons she learned in that conversation, and in particular, how to turn fear into focus. Elaine offered listeners from the SkillBites community her Checklist on Turning Fear into Focus. This can be downloaded for free at https://theabundancejourney.com/fear.gift.
SAVE THE DATE: Next month, my guest will be Nicki Chang-Powless, an Amazon Bestselling Author of “Putting the Pieces Together: Your Survival Guide to the First Five Years in Business” and an award-winning Business Strategist. Her vision is to help entrepreneurs around the world achieve their greatness and make their impact by uncovering creative ways for them to save time and money, and ultimately, grow in abundance and make more profit!
The topic for the episode is Powerful Strategies and Systems to Solve Overwhelm. Time and money are limited. Discover techniques that successful entrepreneurs use to live the lifestyle and freedom they desire and the 3 most common mistakes that can hold you back.
Do you have expertise that you believe would benefit the SkillBites community of entrepreneurs and authors? If you would like to be the guest on the monthly SkillBites Show, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-783-4519.
4. Expand Your Reach with Joint Ventures
I’d like to invite you to join me at a special live (virtual) event where you’ll discover the art and science of joint ventures. This is a strategy that can work for you even if you don’t have a big list, a hot product, or currently know any of the big names in your niche.
If you’d like to get a ton of people to see your stuff, lots of new leads, and a bunch of partners willing to promote your offerings, all with no upfront expense, then this event, called JVology LIVE, will be for you.
If the dates for this event don’t work for you, but you are interested in exploring the world of joint ventures, let me know. I’ll send you the information on other events.
5. In the News
I was delighted to be a guest on Dan Janal’s podcast, where I shared ideas on how to write and market a book to build your business. To listen to this podcast, click here.
Last month I did a livestream on book writing with Carla Cherry. To watch that video, join Carla’s Facebook Group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/evergreenprosperity.
6. Tip of the Month: Three More Ideas for Leveraging Your Book
Over the last three months, I have shared 9 ideas for leveraging your book:
- Send free copies to your prospects, customer, colleagues, joint venture partners and others whose network or target market could benefit from the information you share in your book. The more people who know about your book and your expertise, the more sales you will generate.
- Do a free book campaign to get your book out to more people.
- Give away a chapter of your book as an opt-in on your website. Not only will you be promoting the fact that you are a published author, you’ll be able to generate new leads from your book, as people who want the free chapter will provide you with their names and email addresses.
- Offer a group coaching program so people who read your book have a support system for implementing the ideas you include in your book. Your group coaching program could sell for $497 or higher; so if you get 8 people in it at $497, you would make $4000.
- Use your book to help you get paid speaking engagements. When you speak in front of your target market, you are likely to gain new customers. You can also sell your book after you speak, or, better yet, get a sponsor to buy copies of your book for everyone who attends your presentation. If you earn $1500 from speaking, plus sell 100 copies of your book (at $1 over your cost) for another $500, plus get just 2 new customers at $2500 each, that’s $7000!
- Offer a certification program so people can become certified in the system you explain in your book. You can sell a certification program for thousands of dollars, so if you price it at, say, $2500 and get 5 people in the first program, you will earn $12,500! Of course, you can continue to offer the program, and each certified person could sell your book to their clients, earning you even more money.
- Offer your book for free, and charge a nominal amount such as $7 to cover shipping and handling. Include other freebies, so the value the recipient is getting is far greater than the $7. For example, you could include videos, audios, training materials, worksheets, etc. When you get the reader’s contact information, you can then nurture them into your high ticket item programs, such as your group coaching or MasterMind programs.
- Create a course based on your book and sell it online. Put a sales page for the course in your book, explaining how you go into more depth in the course to help the reader implement what they learned in the book. You can include a private Facebook group, or email coaching or office hours to answer questions that might come up.
- Offer a webinar for $47 that allows your book reader to ask questions and get to see you, the author, in action. That webinar can have an upsell into a more expensive offer, such as a group coaching program or your online course.
Here are yet a few more ideas for monetizing your book and growing your business:
- Create a membership site that delves into the topic of your book and the help that your audience will need after they solve the problem that your book addresses for them. If you charge, say, $25/month and get 1000 members, that’s $25,000/month!
- Hold a live event where you can make one or more high end offers, and provide a coupon in your book so readers can attend your live event for free. One of my colleagues used this technique and reaped several million dollars from the attendees who purchased his offers.
- Offer a luxury retreat. People want transformation, and if they can spend a week with someone who can walk them through the issue they have, particularly in a beautiful, relaxing setting, and that they can deduct as a business expense, they’ll sign up. Some week-long luxury retreats sell for $25,000 or more.
What ways have you leveraged your book, or seen others leverage their books? Send me those strategies so I can share them with the SkillBites community.
7. Earn Commissions For Referrals
Do you know anyone who has been wanting to write a book but has been stalling? Let them know that SkillBites offers a variety of services to make book writing and publishing easy, quick and convenient. When you sign up to be a SkillBites affiliate, you can get a commission for each person who signs up to purchase SkillBites services through your unique referral link. To obtain more information and to sign up for our referral program, click here.
Thanks for supporting SkillBites. If there is anything you think we ought to be doing better or anything we should be doing that we’re not, please let us know. We value your input.