December '22 Newsletter
I read an article recently on the blog of Nick Polizzi on the fact that pine, spruce and fir trees have various healing properties. If your family is planning to bring home an evergreen tree or place a pine wreath on the door, you are bringing healing power into your home!
However you celebrate during the holiday season, add some pine to your celebration.
If you have someone on your shopping list for whom you are having a tough time thinking of a suitable present, consider getting them a package of book coaching or publishing services so they can become a published author! Give them the opportunity to leave their legacy – their wisdom for their family and others to benefit from.
Wishing everyone a happy holiday and a joyous, healthy and prosperous New Year.
1. Ignite Your Business in 2023
Are you looking to ignite your business in 2023? Becoming a published author provides you with instant credibility, increases your visibility, enables you to attract more prospects and customers, and get paid speaking engagements and media exposure.
But a lot of people struggle with writing a book. It's hard to find the time to write a book, know what topic to write on, and figure out how to get the expertise in your head down on paper in a coherent manner. If you know you want to get a book done but you're struggling with it, we want to help you.
We will provide the first 10 people who reach out with a complimentary one hour Fast Track Your Book Consulting Session, worth $300, where we'll work together to...
- Create a crystal clear vision for the ultimate success you'd like to achieve from your book;
- Identify the best topic for your book that aligns with your vision and the needs of your target audience;and
- Develop a game plan to enable you to carve out the time to work on writing or promoting your book.
You'll leave the session renewed, reenergized and inspired to finally complete your book or take action to attain your goals.
If you'd like to take advantage of this special, limited, and totally FREE 60 minute Fast Track Your Book consulting session, click here to answer some preliminary questions.
2. 40 proven business strategies
You may have heard the saying "what got you here won't get you there."
For instance, a new business owner can quickly go from zero to several paying clients by reaching out to their colleagues and friends.
But once their existing network is tapped out, the approach stops working.
That's when you want to adopt a new business growth strategy. One that can take you from where you are now and help you reach the next level.
Linda Claire Puig, founder of 6-Figure Newsletters and Adventurous Life International, has gathered 40 extremely successful online business owners and convinced them to reveal the single strategy that made the biggest impact on their business.
And next week, she's hosting a virtual summit where each seasoned expert will share the intimate details behind their strategy.
It's called the Blowing Up Summit and it's happening Monday-Friday, December 12-16.
So how much will it cost to access this incredible collection of deep-dive interviews?
Nothing – it's free! All you have to do to join the summit is register here:
Go here to register for the Blowing Up Summit and uncover your next business breakthrough.
When you click that link, you can see the summit schedule – there are some brilliant minds on the list! And as you'll see, you also get access to a whole lot of bonuses, just for signing up!
I hope you gain the information and motivation that will take your business to the next level.
3. The SkillBites Show
Each month, we bring you an expert to help you get your book done, leverage your book, grow your business or improve your life. The shows are recorded, and you can listen to the recording by clicking here.
Last month as well as this month, I am delving into the biggest mistakes I've seen authors make. I've helped hundreds of authors during the past 10 years and have seen a lot of mistakes that have caused undue frustration, wasted time and reduced profits. Tune in so you can benefit from the hard knocks of others and learn to avoid making these mistakes.
You can listen to it by clicking here. You can also click here to read a blog post on the 5 mistakes I covered in last month's podcast.
Do you have expertise that you believe would benefit the SkillBites community of entrepreneurs and authors? If you would like to be the guest on the monthly SkillBites Show, contact me at email@example.com or 610-783-4519. If there is a topic you would like to hear on the podcast, let me know and I'll look for an expert to cover that.
4. Tip of the Month: Why Authors should give out bookmarks
Bookmarks are a valuable and inexpensive marketing tool for authors. Most book readers use bookmarks to hold their place, so they are beneficial to the reader as well. For the author, the bookmark can serve as a way to keep your reader connected to you. Here are just some of the ways you can use bookmarks:
- You can list other books that you've published, which can lead to purchases of your other books.
- You can promote an upcoming event that you are hosting.
- You can include your website, which will drive more traffic to your site and increase the visibility of your other products and services.
- You can include a QR code on your bookmark to provide easy access to your website (or to the sales page of one of your other books, or the registration page for an upcoming event).
- You can include a call to action, such as urging readers to sign up for your newsletter, blog or book club, or follow you on social media, or leave a review on Amazon.
- You can include testimonials on your bookmark, so the reader gets inspired to finish reading your book.
- You can run a promotion, giving a free bookmark if the person purchases your book. That bookmark could be for a different book you've written. Or you can promote something else on your bookmark, such as a program that you offer.
- You can give bookmarks out at your book launch, book signings and other events.
Interested in ordering bookmarks for your readers? SkillBites can help you with that. Reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for supporting SkillBites. If there is anything you think we ought to be doing better or anything we should be doing that we're not, please let us know. We value your input.